Oil & Gas Law
Joseph I. Giarrusso, III, Chair Colleen C. Jarrott, Vice-Chair
Where Do We Go From Here: A Panel Discussion Regarding the Future of Oil & Gas Industry in Louisiana CLE
Join the Oil & Gas committee in March to find out the answers to the following questions:
- Where does the industry stand post-election (national and local elections)?
- What is coming up in the 2017 legislative session in Louisiana?
- What is the economic forecast for the industry in Louisiana?
- What is the litigation climate like in Louisiana these days?
Tyler Gray, Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil & Gas Association (LMOGA)
Mark L. McNamara, Liskow & Lewis, APLC
Emma Elizabeth Daschbach, Jones, Swanson, Huddell & Garrison, LLC
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Noon - 1 p.m.
New Orleans Bar Association
650 Poydras Street, Suite 1505
New Orleans, LA 70130
1 hour of CLE credit
NOBA member discount: $35 (includes lunch)
Non-member price: $55 (includes lunch)
*All credit card transactions will be charged a 3% convenience fee.
- Contact NOBA at (504) 525-7453 or
- Email Morgan Ellis.
- Mail payment to the NOBA Office, 650 Poydras Street, Suite 1505, New Orleans, LA 70130
- NOBA members can pay online by clicking here.
Please note: Cancellations must be received in writing two days in advance in order to receive a refund less a $15 administrative fee. No refunds for no shows.
On March 16, the Committee held a CLE titled "The Recent Wave of Coastal Land Loss Litigation" with speakers Kelly Becker and Laura Brown from Liskow & Lewis.
Oil & Gas Law Committee CLE - Acquisition of Rights for Pipelines in Louisiana with Cheryl Kornick and Matt Simione, Liskow & Lewis
Recently, Louisiana, especially south Louisiana, has seen a proliferation of new pipeline projects. This talk will cover the issues and rules involved in negotiating for, and litigating over, a pipeline or other right of way agreement. Areas covered:
• The basics of a servitude or right-of-way agreement – what they can contain; what they should contain; areas of dispute.
• The rules for litigation of an expropriation suit.
• Trends in legislation regarding right-of-ways and expropriation lawsuits at the state, parish, and local levels.
June CLE & Luncheon: Cuba's Offshore Oil Development: Potential Implications for the US
Co-sponsored with the Study Group on Cuba
- Background and Legal Framework
- Oil Spill Risks and Status of Disaster Preparedness
- US-Cuba Disaster Coordination
- Potential US Investment in Cuba's Offshore Oil Sector