Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Award
The Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Award honors maritime attorneys for their dedication in practicing admiralty law.
Congratulations to R. Keith Jarrett!
2016 Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Recipient
The New Orleans Bar Association's Maritime and International Law Committee cordially invites you to attend the Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Award Ceremony and Luncheon honoring its 2016 recipient, R. Keith Jarrett.
Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Time: 12 Noon
Location: JW Marriott, Ile de France Ballroom, 614 Canal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
Cost: $50 per person.
- Calling the NOBA Office at 504-525-7453
- Email Morgan Ellis
- Purchase tickets directly by clicking here
Please note: Cancellations must be received in writing no later than October 24, 2016 to be eligible for a refund minus a $15 administrative fee. No shows will be charged.
To Submit a Nomination
Use the Online Nomination Form
- Long-standing member of the Maritime & International Law Committee
- Highly respected among peers
- Contributes significantly to the local admiralty bar
- Membership in the Maritime and International Law Committee and the New Orleans Bar Association
- Actively engaged in the private practice of law
- Lawyers holding or seeking elective office are ineligible
August 15th of each year. Nominations received after the deadline will be considered for the following year’s award. Previous recipients are ineligible.
A luncheon is held to regonize the recipient at the JW Marriott.
- Benjamin W. Yancey, 1989
- John W. Sims, 1990
- Henry J. Read, 1992
- Brunswick G. Deutsch, 1993
- Warren M. Faris, 1994
- George W. Healy III, 1995
- Robert B. Acomb Jr., 1996
- Charles E. Lugenbuhl, 1997
- Samuel C. Gainsburgh, 1998
- Gerard T. Gelpi, 1999
- Neal D. Hobson, 2000
- Jack C. Benjamin, 2001
- John B. Gooch, Jr., 2002
- James H. Roussel, 2003
- William A. Porteous III, 2004
- A. Gordon Grant, Jr., 2006
- Donald R. Abaunza, 2008
- Patricia A. Krebs, 2009
- Ronald A. Johnson, 2010
- Glenn G. Goodier, 2011
- Norman C. Sullivan, Jr., 2012
- Robert H. Murphy, 2013
- S. Gene Fendler, 2014
- Conrad S.P. "Duke" Williams, III, 2015
To submit a nomination, please click here.