Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Award
The Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Award honors maritime attorneys for their dedication in practicing admiralty law.
Congratulations to R. Keith Jarrett!
2016 Distinguished Maritime Lawyer Recipient
To Submit a Nomination
Use the Online Nomination Form
- Long-standing member of the Maritime & International Law Committee
- Highly respected among peers
- Contributes significantly to the local admiralty bar
- Membership in the Maritime and International Law Committee and the New Orleans Bar Association
- Actively engaged in the private practice of law
- Lawyers holding or seeking elective office are ineligible
August 15th of each year. Nominations received after the deadline will be considered for the following year’s award. Previous recipients are ineligible.
A luncheon is held to regonize the recipient at the JW Marriott.
- Benjamin W. Yancey, 1989
- John W. Sims, 1990
- Henry J. Read, 1992
- Brunswick G. Deutsch, 1993
- Warren M. Faris, 1994
- George W. Healy III, 1995
- Robert B. Acomb Jr., 1996
- Charles E. Lugenbuhl, 1997
- Samuel C. Gainsburgh, 1998
- Gerard T. Gelpi, 1999
- Neal D. Hobson, 2000
- Jack C. Benjamin, 2001
- John B. Gooch, Jr., 2002
- James H. Roussel, 2003
- William A. Porteous III, 2004
- A. Gordon Grant, Jr., 2006
- Donald R. Abaunza, 2008
- Patricia A. Krebs, 2009
- Ronald A. Johnson, 2010
- Glenn G. Goodier, 2011
- Norman C. Sullivan, Jr., 2012
- Robert H. Murphy, 2013
- S. Gene Fendler, 2014
- Conrad S.P. "Duke" Williams, III, 2015
To submit a nomination, please click here.